09 August 2014

MOTHER DAUGHTER | 02

DSC_1498.jpg
DSC_1395.jpg
DSC_1402.jpg
DSC_1411.jpg
DSC_1470.jpg
DSC_1479.jpg
DSC_1517.jpg
DSC_1519.jpg
Sometimes, the moment arises when least expected to capture memories. This was an unplanned mother daughter post. It was a moment when I just happened to have my camera handy and my tripod in the car. This is us captured in our every day. While the boys were off golfing, Jessica and I sought out to seek adventure. These days, our adventures usually find us in a field of green surround by horses. This little girl is eager as ever to get on one of these beauties and start riding. Her time will come, but for now, we stand in the distance and observe.

I could feel the pulse of her heart beating in a soft rhythm against my chest, and suddenly, I wanted to hold her tighter. I wanted to hold her forever, past the minutes and hours and days. Past the weeks that turned into months that evolved into years. I wanted to hold her still, in that very moment with her heart pulsing against my chest, forever.

Mother Daughter is a series I’ve created in a small attempt to document the time with my daughter: my youngest child. I am determined to embrace these days, to capture the essence of life and to foster our bond that begins in the heart. I am determined to soak in every inch of my children because I know the minute I stop, they will be grown and time will be lost.

“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”
― Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS