10 August 2013

The World Around You.

DSC_6185.jpg

DSC_6183.jpg

DSC_6193.jpg

DSC_6199.jpg

DSC_6200.jpg

DSC_6219.jpg

DSC_6223.jpg

DSC_6236.jpg

DSC_6247.jpg

DSC_6279.jpg

DSC_6261.jpg

DSC_6295.jpg

DSC_6298.jpg

DSC_6304.jpg

DSC_6344.jpg

DSC_6342.jpg

DSC_6328.jpg

DSC_6336.jpg

DSC_6314.jpg

This summer has showed us how to open ourselves and let go of the schedules. We've forgotten about our bedtime rituals and replaced them with new ones; sleeping in forts, reading under sheets with flashlights and late night movies. We have found ourselves settling into a different round of routines this summer.

The routines of freedom,
of memory making
of pure happiness.

I would be lying if I didn't say that these memories came with a price. Sure, we have our mornings of feeling a bit grumpy after staying up until ten thirty to swim, yes our "listening ears" have possibly been turned off and my patience has been tested. And yes, I can honestly say I am getting ready for the school year to start so we can get back to routines, early bedtimes and more time to myself to get things done.

But, what I can say is that we have had one amazing summer.
We have lived to the fullest, embraced every moment.

We ran in the waves, danced with the sea, sang to the wind.
We walked with horses, raced against friends
laughed in tents and skipped with sparklers.
We flew across the country, over vast lands
we escaped to cities for a night.
I have no regrets or lost wishes.

I feel content, I know I gave my children the best gift possible.
The gift of experiencing the world around them.

I also learned that you don't need need to fly across the country to experience the world around you. There are adventures right around every corner, tucked away in the yard, the woods or the waters. You can find adventures in small towns or large cities. Open your eyes, get creative, get outside and experience the world that surrounds you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is so green that it looks like England to me.
    I love that you've been able to relax the bedtimes during this summer time

    www.butternutb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am completely in love with this place right? It's gorgeous. You are absolutely right though. There are always new adventures to be had no matter where you live. I was reminded of this on my drive up to the lake this weekend. So many little beautiful places to explore along the way. Just have to open your eyes. So glad you all had a wonderful summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS