06 March 2013

new orleans trip. part II

DSC_1970.jpg

DSC_2178.jpg

DSC_1878.jpg

nola1

"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us."
Winston Churchill

DSC_2008.jpg

DSC_2006.jpg

DSC_1994.jpg

nola3

DSC_1998.jpg

DSC_1991.jpg

"We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it."
John Ruskin

DSC_1897.jpg

DSC_1901.jpg

nola9

DSC_1890.jpg

DSC_1906.jpg

"Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness."
Frank Gehry

I am still in awe of the powerful spirit that radiates in New Orleans. Some cities exist as they are, some cities grow into richness and some cities are rooted in the ground making a permanent mark on this earth. New Orleans has made it's mark.

While I am certainly not the most worldly traveled, I have visited quite a few cities. Many of these cities have left an everlasting impression on my mind. The photograph I took of a dancing mime at the top of Montmartre. A few pebbles I picked up while in Berlin. The possible fossil the size of a football that I managed to tuck in my suitcase after a trip to Arches National Park (Jon loved that one). But then there are cities that have slipped my mind. Trips I certainly enjoyed, but the city lacked spirit. It forgot to speak to me. It forgot to leave it's mark.

New Orleans has a story to share.
It wants to be heard.
Remembered.
And trust me, there is much to remember.



3 comments:

  1. New Orleans is such a beautiful city. I definitely want to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable city and beautiful pictures :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Fashion by Independent Designers for Your Little darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful!! New Orleans has been on my long list of Places I'd Like to Go Someday:):) What a great time!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS