21 December 2012

the christmas card.

card16

card19

card20

card18

card15

card17

card11

card9

card13

card14

card12

card8

card3

card2

card4

card5

card

We ran into woods and ducked under trees to take these photos.
Some fought back tears (that would be Jess and Josh)
but those tears turned into laughter
which turned into a round of silliness
which turned into a game of chase.

It's these moments that I share,
the silly, the happy and even the sad
that I always want to keep with me.
I never want to forget the sound
of the soft giggle in Josh's voice
or the belly laugh that comes out of such a small girl.
I never want to forget my Jonas
and the sense of seriousness he always carries,
and how quickly he can shake it off his shoulders
to become an eccentric seven year old.

I never want to forget.

If writing these words here
and sharing these photos can help me hold onto memories
then I will write.
I will photograph.
I will keep these memories safe.

Here are the memories from last year's Christmas card photo challenge.
I'm off to enjoy this weekend.
To spend every second with my children
to bake with them, play with them and cuddle with them.

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. so fun! sounds like our adventures. :) and i want to keep every memory as well. enjoy your weekend and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attempt at taking pictures like these are pretty similar for us. There's usually one round of tears, tons of laughing, funny faces and silliness but it's always an adventure that leaves me with pictures to treasure for always. These are all so sweet and your writing just seems to seal the memories to keep, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS