02 November 2012

today...

jess collage

I ran early this morning. I left my warm blankets and soft bed to run in the cool November air. The wind was silent and drops of rain slowly fell. I didn't want to be outside, I was wishing I was home with my hot coffee and newspaper. But as I circled our neighborhood I started to feel better.

I started to feel good.

Sometimes it's hard to pull yourself out of bed, to make the most of your mornings, but when I do I know I'm starting the day right.

Today will be good.

Today I will go to the recycle center and drop off the collectables that have overtaken our garage. Today I will finally go to the library. I found a book tucked away in the pantry. I wonder how long it has been there. The late fee will tell me.

Today I will steal some time to myself. I will shower and actually blow dry my hair, a luxury these days. Today I will play a game of go fish, make play dough and make beds. If I am lucky I will bake some bread.

Today will be good. I hope it's good for you.

It's been awhile since I linked up with my friend Morgan. Today I'm linking up with Small Style.

4 comments:

  1. Jess' buns are just the sweetest -- I can't wait until Maile's hair is long enough for that sort of 'do!

    I hope you had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, mama. I hate running, but just got an elliptical this weekend...if you can get up and run in the cool, surely I can get up in our warm TV room with a mindless Netflix show! ;)

    Have a lovely weekend! xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable- can't wait to spend some time with you!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you say absolutely adorable!? I hope you ended up having a wonderful day- baking bread (more like the finished product) sounds scrumptious right now! Cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS