14 November 2012

autumn skies.

leaves 2

leaves

The mornings are crisp and cool, they are the kind of mornings where you fall into your warm sweater with your knees tucked under your chin. At least that's what I did when I was a child. Now I catch my children tucking their knees. I catch my children hiding in sweaters on these cool mornings.

The evenings arrive sooner. Autumn skies closing curtains and handing us our night wrapped in darkness. We sit around our tables, we talk about day, we smile, we laugh. My autumn is closing in around me. Soon there will be no autumn, only the harsh winter with white snows and bitter air. I don't mind the winter, but I'll miss you autumn. I'll miss you November.



I had so much fun looking through our November last year. These are some of my favorite posts: one, two and three.

I also wanted to say thank you for all those who have stuck around and continue to read Yellow Finch. I will be the first to say, I am not very good about responding to comments, it takes me forever to email someone back, and while I DO read tons of blogs, I rarely comment. So, thank you. Please know that each and every comment means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love reading each and every comment and will reply to them here in this comment section. Thanks!

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS